Saturday 17 September 2011

Pelit

We can't let our fun of earlier this week pass without a word for the cake that Mina picked up from Peilt (their Istinye Park branch) for our dearest Laila's birthday.

Now, I don't know if you've heard, but I don't really do dessert, but I seem to have been making a few exceptions to this rule, lately. I think it's fair to say that I'm glad my exceptions extended to experiencing this mighty fine item.


Chocolate and pistachio cake; how does that sound to you? Intriguing, perhaps? You'd be right to be curious and your curiosity would be well rewarded. It was an absolutely top-quality piece of cake. It was even better than my homemade Lemon Tart! ;-)

I demolished my piece in record time. My fellow diners were slightly more challenged by its intense richness, particularly after a filling lunch, but it was smiles all round.

Perhaps Mina knows a little more about whether this is Pelit's speciality or whether everything they make is awesome, but I'd certainly recommend trying out their wares, next time you're looking for a little celebratory sweet indulgence.

No scores for this quest - just a recommendation for a great bakery :-)

www.pelit.com.tr
Branches across Istanbul

No comments:

Post a Comment